PREVIEW OF ARTISTS
TENT MAP & ARTISTS PAGES
FESTIVAL FACEBOOK PAGE
HISTORY OF THE FESTIVAL
Please click on the arrows on the right to reveal the answers.
Why will the 46th Annual Commonwheel Artists Labor Day Art Festival be presented virtually?
Rather than canceling due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re supporting our festival artists by presenting a virtual festival from Sept. 5-13th, 2020.
The Commonwheel Festival typically sees large crowds that do not allow for effective social distancing. Taking the festival online ensures that public safety remains a high priority while still promoting artists.
When will the Virtual Artists Festival take place?
• The Festival will take place from Sept. 5-13th, 2020. It will be open and free to the public to shop 24 hours a day beginning at 10AM on September 5th and ending at 6PM on September 13th.
• A schedule of live events will be posted.
What will the Virtual Artists Festival look like?
• We will do our best to recreate the Festival experience people have come to love over the last 45 years.
• Artists will showcase their products online hosted by Commonwheel Artists Co-op.
• There will be a sampling of photos of their products along with their bio and a link to where attendees can buy their work.
• Artists who choose to can interact directly with attendees through live video at pre-scheduled times. There will be pre-recorded or live video demonstrations, studio tours and Q&A sessions.
• Some artists will offer special discounts valid only during the Festival.
• There will be contests with drawings for valuable prizes.
• A live information booth attended by a helpful Commonwheel member will be available to answer any questions during certain hours of the Festival.
• Music and art offerings for the kids will complete the Virtual Festival experience.
Which artists will be there?
How will product sales and shipping work?
• Festival artisans will provide a link to their own online selling platform for attendees to make their purchases.
• Artists are expected to ship their work in a timely manner directly to those who’ve purchased it.
• Commonwheel is not responsible for transactions conducted between festival artists and attendees.
Will we be able to interact with the artisans?
Yes, artisans will engage virtually with customers during specific days and times over during the Virtual Artists Festival. The interactive aspect of the festival environment is an important part of the Festival experience.
Will we be able to shop participating artisans year round?
Links to our artists’ online selling platforms will be online until September 30, 2020, but live events and contests will only take place during the Virtual Artists Festival.
How can the public best support artisans in the Virtual Artists Festival?
• Attend as often as you can during the Festival, visit the artists’ websites, shop and participate in the events offered.
• Tell your friends and family about the Virtual Artists Festival.
• Follow our Facebook page Commonwheel Artists Art Festival for the latest updates and share your favorite posts you find there.
Will there be opportunities to volunteer?
Thank you for your support!
Artists, please click here for your FAQs.