commonwheel covid guidelines
click here to see El Paso county covid level
"select el paso county"
HERE AT THE COMMONWHEEL WE'RE SET UP TO FOLLOW THE GOVERNOR'S GUIDELINES ON RE-OPENING THE CO-OP. WE ASK THAT YOU WEAR A MASK WHEN YOU COME TO SEE US. WE'RE HAPPY TO PROVIDE YOU WITH ONE IF YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR OWN. HAND SANITIZER STATIONS SETUP THROUGHOUT THE SHOP.
To protect customers
- Require employees showing any symptoms or signs of sickness, or who has been in contact with known positive cases to stay home.
- Provide flexible or remote scheduling for employees who need to continue to observe Stay-at-Home, who may have child or elder care obligations, or who live with a person who still needs to observe Stay-at-Home due to underlying condition, age, or other factors.
- Encourage and enable remote work whenever possible.
- Minimize all in-person meetings.
- Provide hand washing facilities/stations and hand sanitizer.
- Encourage breaks to wash hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Phase shifts and breaks to reduce employee density.
- Wear appropriate protective gear like gloves, masks, and face coverings and require appropriate use. (Additional Guidance)
- (Guidance to keep employees & customers safe)
- Deputize workplace coordinator(s) charged with addressing COVID-19 issues.
- Maintain 6-foot distancing when possible, and discourage shared spaces.
- Frequently sanitize all high-touch areas. (Additional Guidance)
- Post signage for employees and customers on good hygiene.
- Ensure proper ventilation. (OSHA guidance)
- Avoid gatherings (meetings, waiting rooms, etc) of more than 10 people.
- Implement symptom monitoring protocols (including workplace temperature monitoring and symptom screening questions) where possible. (Additional Guidance)
- Eliminate or regularly sanitize any items in common spaces (i.e., break rooms) that are shared between individuals (i.e., condiments, coffee makers, vending machines). (Additional Guidance)
- Provide appropriate protective gear like gloves, masks, and face coverings and require appropriate use. (Additional Guidance)
- How to conduct an employee health screening.
To protect customers
- Create special hours for people at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
- Encourage and facilitate 6-foot distancing inside of the business for all patrons.
- Require use of protection like gloves, masks, and face coverings.
- Provide hand sanitizer at entrance.
- Install shields or barriers where possible between customers and employees.
- Use contactless payment solutions, no touch trash cans, etc. whenever possible.
- (Additional guidance to keep employees and customers safe)